With state testing right around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about summer school. Learning Upgrade offers a full curriculum of standards-based reading and math courses for your students to complete over the summer. Sign up for a free school-wide summer school license with Learning Upgrade.
Do you want to ensure that your students get the most out of your free Learning Upgrade summer license? Here are five ways proven effective in past years:
- Students can learn everywhere: students can complete online lessons at school, at home, or at a library or community center. They need to receive the correct initial instructions and motivation. Show students how to sign in and have supervised sessions to get started. Then incentivize students to complete lessons at home on their own time to earn rewards or recognition.
- The Gold Certificate: achieving a Learning Upgrade gold certificate requires hard work to complete 50 or 60 lessons to 96% or above. Make earning a gold certificate the goal from day one, with clear incentives to achieve this milestone. The bronze certificate (75% mastery) can be an intermediate goal to keep students going.
- Class and School Wide Tracking: Learning Upgrade provides reports at the teacher or class level, as well as the school level, to track every student’s progress to mastery. Our Pacing report estimates remaining hours and shows whether each student is on track to complete a course by the completion date. Tracking students at the school level ensures accountability and success.
- Get Parents Involved: if parents know the goal of a gold certificate by a certain date, they can be a partner in the summer learning process. Learning Upgrade provides detailed reports that parents and students can view at home. School staff can tell parents that students that are falling behind, making catch-up at home possible.
- Celebrate Success: there’s nothing like a celebration to get students motivated. Have a set of rewards for students who earn a bronze or gold certificate, with a celebration to mark the end of the summer session. Hand out gold certificates printed on thick paper to each student, as a “graduation style” reward.
To sign up for a free school-wide summer license, Click Here, mention “Summer School” in the information box, and include the number of student licenses you need.