Learning Upgrade LLC works to protect the privacy of our users, including children, parents, and teachers. We will not share your personal information with third parties without your consent. We will use your personal information only to serve the function of providing our learning programs to you and your students.
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
Learning Upgrade LLC is a California based company. Visit About to learn more about our company. Our company mailing address and email are:
10531 4S COMMONS DR STE 446
SAN DIEGO CA 92127
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Learning Upgrade collects personally identifiable information from visitors and subscribers of our app and/or website on a voluntary basis only. The personal information collected on a voluntary basis includes:
- Parents or Adult Learners signing up for free trials: adult name, student name, adult email address
- Parents or Adult Learners purchasing a course: free trial information and credit card information, billing address, and phone number. Note that we do not store credit card information, it is only used for one transaction and no longer stored.
- Teachers and School Staff: school information, teacher name, email address, phone, student names, grade level
- Children: we do not directly collect information from students. Our courses assess each student’s ability on each lesson and store student progress for each lesson, which is reported to parents and teachers.
- If we make changes to the personally identifiable information we collect we will inform you with a notification on our site. The information that we receive from visitors and/or subscribers will be used for internal purposes only and will not be sold or shared with outside parties.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE KNOW ABOUT YOU
- Learning Upgrade only shares personal information we collect and student progress directly with the person or school who created the account and/or purchased the program.
- We share student progress reports with parents or adults who create a home account.
- We share student progress reports with the school and district staff who create a school account and then enroll and manage student courses, and with each student and her parents through an individual student log-in.
- We do not share the information with third parties unless you authorize us to do so.
To correct any mistakes in the personal information given, use Contact to contact us by email or phone.
The web pages on our site that require entering information about a child are designed for adults and parents to use. We do not ask for and children should not enter personal information about themselves on our web site. Once parents or teachers enroll students in our courses, the student portion of the courses do not ask students for or collect any personal information.
We understand that our student users who are under 13 years of age need special safeguards and privacy protection and it is our intent to fully comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (or “COPPA”).
- We collect children’s usernames and course pre-test information. We also collect cookies, IP Address, device type, and course progress, and state geolocation.
- Prior to enrolling in and/or using a Learning Upgrade online course, student account information is entered by a parent, teacher, or guardian. Only the parent, teacher, or guardian will provide personal information for the child using Learning Upgrade’s online courses. After the initial registration process, Learning Upgrade does not collect personal information from the children.
- These are third parties that collect information through the Learning Upgrade app and/or website: Google Analytics
- Teachers can change, edit, and remove a child’s personal information using the Teacher Menu. A parent or guardian can remove a child’s personal information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
WHEN WE MAY BE FORCED TO DISCLOSE
Learning Upgrade may be forced to disclose information under special circumstances such as by government order, where required by law, or if necessary to protect a person from harm or a person from harming our company.
If you do not want Learning Upgrade to collect your information, you can opt-out by contacting us to close your account and optionally to remove your personal information from our records.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We take every precaution to protect our users’ information. To protect your online credit card order data, we uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. This technology is the industry standard for providing secure online transactions. When you enter your credit card information into an order form, SSL encrypts the data so that it cannot be decoded as it travels over the Internet.
To help protect your account, please keep your password secure. We suggest that you pick a non-obvious password that mixes numbers and letters. In addition, we recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information.
YOUR AGREEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
Contact us at email@example.com
For individuals under the age of 18, Learning Upgrade accounts must be authorized and supervised by a parent, educator, or legal guardian. Educators using Learning Upgrade must obtain the permission of a minor’s parent or legal guardian. By downloading and/or accessing Learning Upgrade you are confirming that you are an adult above the age of 18, the parent or legal guardian of an individual under the age of 18, or a person authorized by the parent or legal guardian of an individual under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain the permission of a parent, legal guardian, or an authorized adult.
Learning Upgrade requires a user created account to access our courses and services. You must agree to provide accurate and current information when creating this account. You must accept responsibility for all activity logged using your created username and password. You must contact Learning Upgrade immediately if any unauthorized usage of your account occurs.
Learning Upgrade reserves the right to remove, delete, edit, or suspend content offered without notice, and without liability. Learning Upgrade reserves the right to charge users for course content and account functionality which were previously available at no cost.
Learning Upgrade produces reading and math online courses featuring songs, video, and games for the web and through or mobile app. Students can access our courses using a computer or mobile device. Teachers and parents can access reports and student account information using a computer. A Learning Upgrade license grants an individual or an institution a personal license to access our courses and services. With this license, you agree not to copy, alter, reverse engineer, license, or transfer any part of your Learning Upgrade license access. All names, logos, songs, videos, games, graphics, sounds, and computer code contained on Learning Upgrade are owned by Learning Upgrade LLC, and are protected by trademark, patent, copyright, and other intellectual property rights. Absolutely no part or component of our website may be used, copied, rebroadcasted, relicensed, or redistributed without Learning Upgrade’s expressed written consent.
PURCHASING AND CANCELLATION
You may access and use the free and trial versions of Learning Upgrade’s course offerings at no cost. You will have the opportunity to purchase additional course access once your free trial expires or is exhausted. Monthly and annual license subscriptions for the Learning Upgrade app will automatically renew at the end of each subscription period. By registering and creating an account with Learning Upgrade you agree that we are authorized to charge you for any courses or services purchased by you according to our payment terms. You may cancel your Learning Upgrade subscription at any time. This cancellation is not retroactive. Your subscription will end at the end of your current paid period. Under no conditions will Learning Upgrade be obligated to provide refunds for purchases made.